You are purchasing lifetime access to The Liturgical Home, a 4-part webinar series that originally aired in September 2016.
During the course of 4 sessions (each approximately 60 to 90 minutes in length), Allison uses You Are What You Love by James K.A. Smith as a foundation point for understanding the holistic nature of God’s human creation. We think and we love and we desire. And as Christians, each of these aspects of the human existence is important. Our logic and our loves must be taken captive by the Word of Christ. These are meaty lectures with lots to think about, so many prior participants have found it fruitful to listen to/watch each lecture multiple times. Following the teaching is a Q&A portion where Allison fields questions from the webinar participants.
Some of the themes considered during this webinar include:
- John Calvin’s declaration that the Christian life is to be a race of repentance
- Our minds inform our loves, which in turn shape our behaviors
- The relationship between discipleship and repentance
- God supplies all that he commands
- The re-habituation of our loves
- What liturgies do we unwittingly imbibe from the world (in sex + gender, male/female relationships, education, aging and beauty)
- The critical importance of weekly gathered worship
- Liturgies of the home
- Acquiring virtue, and other heart-habits to be cultivated in the home
With this purchase, you will receive both audio and video downloads of each session.
You are purchasing a downloadable item that is yours to keep on your personal computer, phone, ipod, or other electronic device. No physical product will be mailed to you.